Monday, December 8, 2008

Final project...

So I shot my final last Wednesday. I said before that I was going to do some sort of giant octopus head thing, but those ended up being crap. So we thought about how we could genuinely recreate a Gregory Crewdson photo.

I thought about how he brings light in, from many different places. He also seems to make the viewer wonder about what is taking place in the photograph. He definately leaves the viewer to use their own imagination.

here are two examples of Gregory Crewdson's work.



So after we trashed the octopus idea, we chose to take our set into my garage. Being around 1am in the morning and in december, it was quite cold out. So the hardest part, was for my models to stand perfectly still. We chose to bring in light from 2 places. The window, and the attic. I also added in those damned red feathers for good measure, and to make the picture more interesting and surreal. Why is he holding red feathers? You figure it out.

Unfortunately the photos look much much better when they are blown up and printed. The internet is not the best way to view these. and comments are always welcomed.






and somehow they got chopped in half. lame.

No comments: